Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Get Ready for BBQ Season!

I wanted to share a great recipe from Grace Ivory Rock and Amy Henriksen Foulger's "Keeping Up Cookbook." I will print the recipe as is from the book, but please note my adaptions and changes marked with an (*)! This is a delicious change if you like to grill burgers. Green Chili Turkey Burgers with Avocado Mayo: Ingredients-- 1 lb. ground turkey (*could also use ground chicken) 1/2 cup salsa verde 4 kaiser rolls (*I used 6 ciabatta rolls with Chef Tom's Garlic butter spread on and then broiled on med. until slightly toasted) sliced pepper jack cheese sliced tomatoes chopped cilantro (*I tore of the leaves to use like 'mini lettuce') Combine turkey and salsa verde (*may want to use an egg to keep mixture from crumbling while grilling). I also added seasonings like Mexican seasoning or a little salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic salt Form into 4 large patties (*I made 6 smaller patties). Cook over medium heat in a non-stick skillet or grill on the bbq (oil grates generously to avoid sticking) until cooked through. Serve with avocado mayo and listed fixings. Avocado Mayo-- 1 avocado pitted (*I used two small and added a packet of guacamole mix) 1/2 cup mayo, regular or light 1 clove garlic, minced (*I didn't use the garlic or salt since I mixed in the guacamole mix). 1/4 tsp. salt (*See note above) Scoop flesh from avocado and mash with a fork. Add guacamole mix and mayo (or garlic and salt). Press plastic wrap over mixture's surface until ready to use. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment