Friday, March 19, 2010

Basement Walls

I am really feeling sorry for the builders! The weather does not want to cooperate! Wednesday, before the permit came through, was a beautiful sunny day. Thursday was rainy and snowy. Friday, rainy, snowy and even colder than yesterday! Oh well. Since the permit became official, the progress seems to be much better. Yesterday cement footings. Today, we even have some walls coming up in the basement area. The builders are coming back tomorrow to finish up. I am impressed. Here are a few photos to document today.

When people come by, they say, "Wow, you weren't kidding when you said a big project," and "you must really love your house to do this." I do love my house, our ward, the schools, our neighbors and neighborhood. Plus, this has been something I've been thinking about and through for the last four years. Do I move or make this house my dream house? My family wanted to stay put, and financially, this makes the most sense for us. To move, we would take a loss on the work we've already done. I designed and remodeled my dream kitchen. I can't find that without building myself, and lots in this area cost about what we paid for our entire house. Therefore, the best decision for us was to stay and add those things we wished we had, rather than start over or sacrifice our great lot size. All things to think about before you undertake a big remodel like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment