Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 3 and 4-The "Death Drop"

You know you are an official construction zone when you have a porta-potty in your front yard and trucks parked in your yard.









During week 3 of the renovation, I was in Vancouver with my 3 nephews and my niece having a fabulous time. I came home to what we now jokingly refer to as the "death drop" out our front door. Since it looks like a swimming pool, I've contemplated just making it one--throw some floating stairs across the pool to the front door. It would definitely be original. Though who wants to skinny dip in their front yard and isn't that the biggest benefit of a private pool? Oops! I really wrote that.

I'll get back to the remodel. Here are the pictures from the third week of remodeling. The footings for the new deck and front addition are in place and the water line has been moved. The progress was slowed a bit with permit delays. They better sign-off the last few items for the permit soon because our front yard has become a pretty dangerous zone.

As for this week, we are hoping to have the permit signed off tomorrow so they can begin to lay the foundation on Wednesday morning. That means a quiet morning tomorrow. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment